Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

First week at the MTC

The MTC was a little overwhelming at first. The first few days went by REALLY FAST. Each day we (me and my companions) Sister Phelps and Sister Parks are on a set schedule. The schedule consists of classes filled with doctrinal study, role playing and a lot of testimonies. All of the teachers that they have here are Return Missionaries. So they have a clue what it's like out on a mission. They put us into Districts and Zones. It's pretty cool. I am the Music Coordinator. So I get to choose the hymns for Sacrament and the Musical Numbers. This Sunday I'll be playing the Flute. :) I'm also in the choir here. It's amazing.

It took some time for me to get used to my companions. We're all so different, yet the same. Sister Phelps is a red head and has a cute bubbly personality. Sister Parks is 5'10 and 120lbs and has an amazing testimony.

The other day, I found myself doubting my abilities. And I thought, "why would I doubt the abilities that the Lord has given me. I'm here because I love my Savior." After that class went by a little bit smoother. I wasn't as tense as I was when I first got here. It took a while. Surprising, isn't it?

The food here is okay. I mostly eat the fruits and the veggies though. . . along with the occasional cookie. :)

I'll be in Ohio next week. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. It's amazing. The next e-mail that you get, I'll be out in the field!! Isn't that crazy

Thank you for your prayers and your love. It truly means more to me than you know.

Love, 
Sister Preston  

No comments:

Post a Comment