Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Saying goodbye to the MTC - Already?

Sunday March 30, 2014

Since conference is next week, we're having fast Sunday this Sabbath.  Sundays at the MTC are Amazing, but fast Sundays are even more spiritual.  All of the Elders and the Sisters bore their testimony today.  I found out some things about my companions that they've never talked about.

I feel like I'm adjusting to missionary life.  The first couple of days were really overwhelming, but now I am a bit more confident in the spirit and all of the studying.  The Elders in my Zone are SO funny.  They get so bored.  The other day at dinner Elder Rumley (who is from Portland, OR) started playing with his Jell-O.  He sat there laughing at his Jell-O while it jiggled.  The 3 other Elders just laughed along with him.  They crack me up.  They leave for South Carolina Monday morning.  They'll do great out in the field.

The other day the MTC had all of the Missionaries how would be leaving soon participate in an activity called "In Field Orientation."  We learned about planning and setting goals.  It was wonderful.  Although it was like 9 house long.  My butt hurt from so much sitting.

I can hardly wait to go into the field.  Tuesday will be here before I know it.  I know that there are people ready in Ohio to receive this message from me.  I know that if I work hard and always have the Spirit with me, I cannot fail.  I was given the best advice the other day.  I was told to see every investigator in their white baptismal clothes, being ready to join the fold.  It encouraged me to always share the message and never give up.

The 18 months that I'm away will go by quickly.
Love
Sister Zoe Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment