Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

I don't have any adequate words to describe just how much I love this jungle...Ohio

"Wherefore, for this cause I gave unto you the commandment that ye should go to the Ohio; and there I will give unto you my law; and there you shall be endowed with power from on high." D&C 38:32
If only I could change the scripture that is on my missionary plaque at home to this one. I don't have any adequate words to describe just how much I love this jungle. This week was quite eventful. When I say eventful I mean super fun and super tiring all at the same time. We have had several MLC's (Missionary Leadership Council) this month due to the iPads. We are transferring everything on to them.
 
Not only have we done that but I have had the opportunity to go on a few exchanges this week with some of my favorite people. The first exchange I went on was with Sister Corbett. She is such a hard worker!  She inspires me to be better!

During that day we taught a cute old man. He loves his family, so naturally we taught him about the Plan of Salvation. To see his face shine with the Spirit is such a sweet thing. We saw a family in the ward whom members have been trying to see; and the experience that we had with them was wonderful. They invited us to make s'mores with them ( and there is NO way I am turning those bad boys down!). We are all by the fire and one of the girls has my full attention telling me about how much she loves cheer.  She is a cutie! After a few s'mores we ask them if we can share a message with them. We show them the Bible Video on the Gospel Library app. The video was about the Savior being baptized by John the Baptist. The Spirit was very strong at point. After a moment of silence one of the girls says "I remember when I was baptized!" And starts telling us her story. Her mom was welling with tears and start telling us about her conversion and how much she loves the Gospel. It was one of the most spiritual moments on my mission.
 
The next day we had District Meeting. We have a great District Leader.  He prepared a great activity for us. After District Meeting I went on exchanges with Sister Thomas! Who I was companions with in Powell for 3 weeks. We went to her area to work. We saw this cute recent convert who had us over for lunch. After that we went and visited a few more people. One pf which she has been trying to see since she has been in the area. I forgot to mention she was doubled into her area. She has a lot of great things going on in her area. :)
 
On exchanges a man texted us to thank us for the text that the previous Sisters had sent. We recently had a great lesson with him. He asked a lot of great questions about the Apostasy. Teaching others about it strengthens my testimony of it. I know that it happened, and because of that the earth was in darkness for a period of time. In 1820 a young man sought to know what was true. In fact it lead him to a verse in James:" If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God." He pondered the words of that scripture over and over again until he felt that he should ask God what is true. What he saw changed what every Christian denomination believes in about the trinity. I know that Joseph saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. Being able to testify to someone who is seeking about this event... I can't even form into words how much it makes my heart rejoice.
 
There is always something about the Gospel that is to be taught and testified of each day. To see the light of Christ shine in them is glorious. The more I seek the Lord in the words of His living Prophets and the Book of Mormon the more I know that this church is living. He loves us. I know it because i have felt that love that he Has for me time and time again. Especially when I thought I was too far gone for Him to not reach me. His hope is right there. Once it's found hold on tight to it, and follow Him.
 
Make this week a great one!
 
Love,
 
Sister Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment