Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Invictus

"Out of the night that covers me, black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but horror of the shade, and yet the menace of the years finds, and shall me unafraid. It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." By William Earnest Henry. The title of my email is the name of this poem. On my mission I have gone through some hard things, and I probably will continue to go through hard things. But I know that when I do not allow Satan to get in he way of my happiness and allow Jesus Christ to "captain my soul"

I am a much happier person. And the trials I go through ultimately work out for my good and the good of those who are around me. So if you're having a hard time - join the rest of us! Allow the Savior and His perfect infinite Atonement to help you out. Go to church and partake of the Sacrament. Do all you can to come closer to Him. There is a scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants that I think about a lot. It says: "Or canst thou be humble and meek, and conduct thyself wisely before me? Yea, come unto me thy Savior. Amen." I love how He pleads for us to come unto Him. I will never be perfect in this life, but I know that I can come unto Him and feel of His perfect love.

Let me update all of you on S. He's had a bit of a rough week.  But from my observation I can see that he is not becoming hard heartened, but rather his heart is soft. Due to some of the issues he's had this week he hasn't been able to study his scriptures, so we gave him the Book of Mormon on cd to listen to. I see how the Savior has helped S. In fact he may be ready to take upon him the name of our Savior here soon. We're planning on extending a baptismal date to him. I don't remember if I have told all of you about St. St is a great cook. His meals are one of my favorites. We usually go over for dinner and have a lesson right after. He has been a little stubborn about coming to church. Miracles happen all the time.... And it was a miracle that he came to church!! Sister Crandall bore her testimony about coming to church and he couldn't argue about that. One thing lead to another and by golly he was set to come! He's one of those guys who stays true to his word.

Great news!!! Ohio is having their state fair this week all the way until the end of next week. We have an investigator who runs the art booth, and she asked us for help. SO WE ARE GOING TO HELP HER OUT AND THEN CONTACT AT THE FAIR!!! I tell ya, the things we get excited for as a missionary!!
I am so grateful for what this mission has done for me. I heard a phrase the other day that I love. " The mission is the MTC for life."
( MTC means Missionary Training Center)
Any-who, ya'll have fun!

Love,


Sister Preston



No comments:

Post a Comment