Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

This Week has be WONDERFUL!

This week has been WONDERFUL! Sister Yance and I went tracting the other day and found the cutest family.  Their names are Amanda and Andy.  Amanda is Catholic and Andy is Baptist.  They have 3 kids.  When Amanda was younger she researched the church, but found a problem with the Great Apostasy.  When we had a lesson with her, she was very positive.  The Spirit was so powerful when I told her about Joseph Smith and gave his account in the grove of trees.  At the end of the lesson, she agreed to read two chapters that Sister Yance and I picked out.  We can't meet with her until after Easter.  I pray everyday for this family.

My other investigator is Krissy.  She's 24 and is the cutest thing!  She lives with her sister, Nikki, who is a recent convert.  I love how the Lord knows what she needs.  I have a deep love for these people.  I have a deep love for the ward.

By the way, Ward Councils are so, so important.  I didn't understand how important leadership in the ward was until I came out here.  Ward mission leaders are so important for missionaries. You should have Brandon go on exchanges with the Elders.  The sooner the better.  Knowing Brandon, he'll LOVE IT.  It wouldn't hurt for you or Steve to go with the missionaries to lessons.  If they don't ask you, ask them.  The work is so wonderful.  The Lord will bless you with what to say at the very moment.

My favorite aspect about the mission so far is the integrity that I am learning.  True integrity.  The Ohio Columbus Mission has high expectations and I want to be up there with the big dogs in 6 months.  So far I have 10 scriptures memorized.  I set a goal of 110.  100 more to go!  The mission has 48 scriptures for missionaries to memorize.  It's pretty cool.

It may not be today, but sometime, I'll have a baptism.  Some day I'll be someone's missionary.  I am hopeful that this will happen I know that this gospel is true.  The Book of Mormon is the Word of God and another testament of Jesus Christ.  Every person is dear to the Savior.  I am so blessed to be a part of this work.

Sister Zoe Preston
Can you spot our missionary?

No comments:

Post a Comment