Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

The more I am in Ohio, the more I know that this is where I am meant to be.

July 7, 2014

Okay, I've been slacking on e-mails and letters. I'm sorry. Time runs out SO quickly on preparation days!!! 
Anyhow, here is an update on the Mansfield 1 Area, and the Mission!! 

This week we met this awesome lady. She has 2 sons.  One of the sons told us to go see his mom while we were at his complex looking for a family that was referred to us. This lady is incredible. She has a very strong testimony in faith in our Savior. She's so passionate about the Gospel. This last time we met with her she told us that she liked what we were teaching, and really felt the spirit. She will be coming to church this Sunday. 
The more I am in Ohio, the more I know that this is where I am meant to be. I meet people who are just incredible. I feel like they teach me more than I teach them!! haha 
We have a new Mission President Daines. He's a cool guy from Texas. He has 7 children, 2 of which still live at home. He was SO nervous when he met all of us!! Poor guy. Luckily, he has great Assistants who are obedient and set a great example to the whole mission. We haven't seen very many changes thus far, but I feel like there are a few in the wind that are heading our way. 
Update. Our investigator is getting BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY AT 1:00!! ( I put the time in there so that on Saturday, at 11:00 your time you can think about me. :) If you remember. :)) 
I've been noticing that a few of the recent converts in this ward don't see the relevance of going to the Temple. But, I hope and I pray that with time, they will. 
My Zone is doing the FUNNEST thing this Transfer!! We are doing this fun Harry Potter theme with houses and the whole lot!! The purpose of it is to help us to beat our recent records. Today, we played Quittich ... and it was so much fun!! I swear, this mission keeps getting better and better. We have a blast. The goals that I have set this transfer are ones that will stretch me. I want to be successful out here. And in retrospect, I don't have very much time to twiddle my thumbs. 
I've been thinking about Repentance a lot lately. Mainly in the mornings when Sister Vance and I are running. There are So many people out there who have NO idea about this Gospel. This 'good news' is meant for them. ( I think a lot more out here. :)) I've also been thinking a lot about the Savior knocking on our door, waiting for us to let Him in. I've been putting myself in the Saviors shoes, and at each door, I imagine that I am Him, waiting for someone to answer. Each time someone does, I get so excited. Anyway, I hope all of that made some sense. Life is good. 

Love, 

Sister Zoe Preston  

No comments:

Post a Comment