Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

First Six months


Family, and Friends, the first six months that I have been out here in the blessed land of Ohio have been incredible. Especially since I have been in Mansfield. There have been some really hard times, but our Father in Heaven has a way of blessing us with even sweeter times to help us know that this is Truly His Work.

I found out today that I am leaving Mansfield. I have no idea where I am going yet, so on Monday, I will let every one know.  Here are some thoughts about the last six months in Mansfield.
When I first came here, I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. But, as I dedicated all that I had to the Lord, and then some, I saw miracles. First, one of the new members introduced us to her twin Sister. About a month later, she was baptized. I can't even express how much I love the Lord. The beautiful thing about it is, we (the baptized twin) are wonderful friends. Second, a man we tracked into started taking the discussions. His story is crazy. He fell off of the face of the earth for a while. And we thought that we lost him. But when we knocked on his door about a month later, he had read half of the Book of Mormon, and he knew that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. He was baptized a month later. Withe each person that is found and moved to the next ordinance, I honestly feel like I have grown the most. I think about all of these people all the time. When I wake up, when I go to bed, and during the day. Most of all, I think about our Lord, and Savior, Jesus Christ. These are HIS children, and I am humbled to be apart of there progression. You can see the Spirit working in someone. All of those RM's (return missionaries) out there know what I mean. You know when someone has been reading the Book of Mormon when they radiate. You can see that they know that this Church is true.
What a wonderful feeling it is to be in the service of our Lord!! Because of this mission, my dreams are higher, and I have more specific goals, and a vision of how everything is going to be accomplished . This is the same method that I have been using with those new investigators. I have to practice what I preach, right? Our Heavenly Father wants us to make goals, to think positively, and to petition for His divine guidance, for help. Without His help, we would be wandering generalities. I have 12 months left, and each and everyday I will work harder, and harder. I will be obedient, and I will love everyone. Mansfield has changed me, and I am incredibly grateful. The members say that I have changed them, but they couldn't be more wrong. They have changed me.
This weekend one of my investigators is going to be baptized. He is incredible. When you talk to him about our Savior, his eyes shine, and you can clearly see that he has been reading, and praying. That has to be one of the COOLEST things that I have ever experienced as a missionary.
To close since this e-mail is a short novel, I know that this Church is true. I know that my Savior has been there with me through hard times, and especially for the the good times. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and when it is read in conjunction with the Bible, there is no doubt that both support each other. This is our Saviors work. He is my master, and I am so grateful to be doing His work. I pray that I may be what He wants me to be each and every day. I know that our Father in Heaven answers our prayers. He is the best listener. I know that we must also listen to what He has to say also. His promptings are quite, and come in many forms. I pray that everyone at home is having fun, and enjoying life!!

Love,
Sister Preston
"What-e-er' thou art, act well thy part!" :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment