Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Monday, October 6, 2014

We Thank thee Oh God for a Prophet

Family and Friends!! We have had the blessed opportunity to hear from a Prophet of God. I hope all of you took notes!
There is certainly a special feeling when we gather together to hear from our Father in Heaven's servants. Quite a few of the talks were focused on those who are investigating the Church; I know that those who are investigating over here in Powell enjoyed it. We got to watch the Priesthood session with one of our investigators. It honestly was an interesting experience... especially compared to that of the Woman's Conference. :) Sister Skillings and I got a kick out of it.
We have seen MIRACLES. MIRACLES I tell you!!
Miracle #1. There is this man who Sister Skillings has been teaching for the past four months. He was on the verge of becoming an internigator (or someone who loves the church but isn't interested in changing... yet.), until we had an fantastic lesson with him about eternal marriage. The Spirit was incredibly strong, and when you looked at him in the eyes, you could tell that he could feel the Spirit. We invited him to follow the example of our Savior, and he gladly accepted. He'll be baptized on November 1st. It's been a long time coming, and we couldn't be more grateful. He was also one of the ones that we had watch Conference. He was a trooper and watched all of the Saturday sessions. We asked him how he felt afterward, and he said "Well, I have a lot to process. It feels like my head is going to explode." He cracks me up. 
WE GOT TO WATCH THE NEW MOVIE THAT THE CHURCH PUT OUT. "MEET THE MORMONS"
It was honestly an incredible movie, and I HIGHLY recommend it.
Miracle #2. The other person that we have on date for baptism for the 25 of this month watched Conference. SHE LOVED IT!! She liked the talk about the Sacrament, and afterward, she had a whole bunch of questions about it.
All in all, the Spirit of General Conference has been one that I very much enjoy as a missionary. In fact, I always want to be missionary so that way I am always prepared to receive the revelation. Now, I've been asked what my favorite talk has been, and I honestly can't choose. I loved all of them. There were some that appealed to me more, because I felt that my investigators would need to hear these words. The longer I am out here in the Great Ohio, the more I realize each day that this work is not even about me. This work is about the doing the will of the Father. I am the privileged one who get's to help out our Savior in the gathering. The field is white, and ready to harvest. I know that the words of our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson are true. He is a Prophet of God. I know that the men and woman who spoke at this session have been inspired by God. I have experienced for myself the power and the happiness that this Gospel brings. There is no greater joy than doing the work of our Lord.
I pray everyone has a wonderful week!!
Love,
Sister Preston 

No comments:

Post a Comment