Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fall in Powell

I am so excited that is is fall!! I am in the BEST AREA, we have so many trees!!
Last week in Powell:
We have been meeting with this woman. She has quite a tragic story... but we are working on helping her to ignite that testimony of the Restoration, and the Plan of Salvation. We have been meeting with her once a week. So far, it's going well. :)
We have been doing a lot of reactivation over here. There is another man whom we are working with. He is excommunicated, and is wanting to come back. He gets lost on some of the deep questions that all of us have about the gospel. He's doing wonderfully though.
 
There is this lady who we are working with. She is wonderful. She went to a baptism for the first time this past week. She loved every moment of it. She is looking forward to her own baptism, which will be on the 25th of this month.
The longer I am out, the more I realize that this work is not about what I want to get out of it, although that is very important, but it's what I can do for the Lord. What talents I can gain for those who stand in need of comfort. For those who just need to be loved.
I hope everyone is getting super pumped for General Conference!! The General Woman's meeting was amazing!! We are incredibly blessed to have modern day Prophets. Take advantage of that!!
I love this Gospel, and I am humbled to be a servant for the Lord.
I love all of you dearly.
Love,
Sister Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment