Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Life is like a box of Chocolates...

The other day I was in Alma 26, better knows as Alma's psalm. Click here for a link to this chapter of Alma He was testifying of the goodness of God for all of the success that he had had during the course of his mission. He said these words that I totally concur with. He said "Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land." The only person that I can boast in is my God who has saved me from "the bonds of iniquity." Okay, I am still really dramatic, but seriously, I do dumb things and He forgives me. He has guided me to those in this area who want to feel their burdens be lifted from them. The joy that I feel from seeing someone even invite us back is glorious. This week we have been seeing miracle after miracle. And all of it is due to our Father in Heaven. For instance, on exchanges we tracked on a street and found 4 new potentials. Sister Crandall and I went back and met whom we thought was a lady named R, we met a lady named K. She mentioned to us that she was was just talking to her mom about going to a church. The Spirit was SO strong as we talked to her about what this Gospel can do for her, and especially what the Gospel has done for us in our lives.
Oh yeah on top of all of these miracles, we had a member of the 12 come to Columbus. We had Elder Cook!!! He met with all of the missionaries. President Daines promised us that if we came to this meeting prepared that we could influence the Spirit. Sure enough we did, and we ended up having a question and answer with Elder Cook. We also had Elder Hallstrum with us. He's in the presiding Bishopbric.
Meeting with these men was highlight of my  mission. Before we started the meeting, Elder Cook and Elder Hallstrum shook each missionaries hand. There was a special Spirit of love in the Chapel. I was so excited to hear his words. It was a very special experience to hear from an Apostle of the Lord. I know that he has been called of God, and I know that he can only do the will of the Lord. I am so grateful to have this opportunity to serve and love and be who the Lord would have me be.
Before I forget, I chopped ALL of my  hair off and now I look like a boy. Just kidding!! I did cut my hair though. It's a good 5 inches shorter. Guess who did it.... If you guess Sister Crandall, you win the big prize. :) Any who, the church is true. I have been so happy serving my fellow beings. I know that living within the bonds of the Restored Gospel that I can be infinitely happy.

I love you all. Live long and prosper. Don't let the muggles get you down!

Love,


Sister Preston



No comments:

Post a Comment