Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

AND I AM STILL COLD


February 16, 2015
This week has been just a blast!! So many cool and wonderful things have happened!!

Thank you all so much for the Birthday Cards!! They really meant a lot to me. :)

This week we have been out and about in the bitter cold. I am currently wearing 2 layers of tights, 3 shirts, 2 jackets, 2 pairs of socks, a scarf, and a winter coat. AND I AM STILL COLD. The other day we had a white out... and it was so crazy!! We prayed for all of the missionaries and all of those who were traveling. On Tuesday when we came home, we found our door covered with cute little hearts that said "Happy Birthday!!" and "Happy Valentine's Day!!" It was so sweet of them!

We had a great lesson with a lady. We have been talking to her about the Plan of Salvation. There is such a powerful Spirit whenever I have talked to anyone about this Plan. She had recently lost a close family member, so this message brought a lot of comfort and peace. She is currently reading Alma 40 in the Book of Mormon. I pray that that brings her some more comfort and solace.


This week we have been helping out an investigator with putting some old pictures that she has away. It has brought back some wonderful memories. And while we are organizing her photos, she asks us questions about the Book of Mormon, and about the Prophet Joseph Smith. We have been working with her for so long, and I know that in the Lord's time she will enter into the waters of Baptism. Which.. is something she is considering. She asks so many questions about it. You can imagine how happy that makes me. :)

I have recently finished the Book of Mormon, and it's incredible how the lessons in this book are so applicable to our world today. I love how each chapter are always in tuned to my every day life. I have felt the peace and joy from drinking from it. I love seeing how our Savior is on EVERY page. I know that reading this book has changed me.. and will continue to change me. I am incredibly grateful for our Savior and for all of those who have helped me to get to this point where I am at today. I know that my Savior lives. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God.

I love you all!! Have a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Preston

P.s. I hope everyone is preparing for General Conference!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment