Sister Preston has been called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
in the Ohio Columbus Mission. She will serve from March 2014 through September 2015. Follow her service here.

Monday, March 23, 2015

I've been out for a year now, and it feels like the time has just sped by

Sorry about last week everyone! I get lazy and don't feel like sending anything sometimes.
This last week we had a lot of fun!! Last week we had a fun District meeting with a member family. They're so fun! We love them to bits! Before we knew it our Preparation day was over and we went to the R's home and had a lesson with L. L is an incredible human being. She has been through SO much; and yet she has come out the victor. For a while her mom wouldn't let her come to church, talk to the missionaries, or even read the Book of Mormon. But unannounced to her mother, she still read the Book of Mormon. She has read the whole Bible before, so reading the Book of Mormon was very natural for her. We've had incredibly Spirit filled lessons with her. And on the 11 of April she is going to be baptized. She is excited, and we are excited for her. We had the car this week, and believe it or not, I am actually really bored of driving. I'd rather be out and about walking around making sure that people can see us. I especially love talking to those dog walkers. They're everywhere!!

This past week a wonderful lady that I taught in Mansfield was baptized, and I had the opportunity to attend. She was happier than a lark! She was crying for joy! The look on her face as she was fully submerged into the water was priceless. This woman had been raised a member, but had left the church do to some things that had happened in her life. But now she is back, and stronger than ever! The Spirit that was felt there was incredibly strong. I loved seeing her and all of those whom I spent the first 6 months of my mission with.

I've been out for a year now, and it feels like the time has just sped by. Thus far I've come to know who our Lord is. He is ever patient with me. He knows who I am; and He certainly knows who my brothers and sisters are. He has helped me in the happiest of times and He has helped me with the hardest of times. The more I put His will in front of mine, the more success I see in the work. And the more I can give all the glory to Him. There are no coincidences in this mortal world. I love how often I've seen blessings from following the mission rules, and from allowing myself fall in love with the people. I wish I could express all of the feelings that I feel in my heart about this work- about our Savior. But this will suffice.

I love you all. And I pray that life is treating you well!
Thank you for the love. Thank you for the prayers. Thank you for believing in me.
Love,
Sister Preston

No comments:

Post a Comment